All windows, including commercial ones, offer a U-factor, which indicates their insulation level. A low U-factor offers better insulation. If you have a large storefront or your commercial property simply comes with several windows, considering U-factor with glass replacement in Oklahoma City, OK could save you money in the long run. Here are six reasons why insulated windows are ideal for your commercial building:
- Noise control: If your office or storefront operates in a busy part of downtown, you likely feel the assault of traffic noise every day. Often a loud diesel engine or an incident outside threatens to disturb the working or shopping environment you hope to preserve. Insulated windows provide a better barrier between you and street noise that can distract workers and customers. This is especially desirable if you run a medical office or one that provides stress-relieving services like massage therapy or counseling.
- Durability: Insulated windows can still break with enough of an impact, but it is difficult to make them shatter completely. This is due to multiple glass layers and glazing that provide insulation but also enhance the window’s strength. Your window will stay in its frame even if you can see the damage. This keeps your building secure and still maintains some insulation properties while you wait for glass replacement.
- Indoor comfort: You want your buildings warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The biggest complaint of office workers is extreme temperatures in one direction or the other, and insulated windows reduce those effects. Even on the hottest summer days, your air conditioning office remains comfortable. If you have large storefront windows, adding layers will enhance this property so you can offer a full display for window shopping without compromising indoor comfort.
- Reduced utility bills: Insulated windows keep cooling and heating in and reduce air leaks. This allows your HVAC system to work less strenuously, so its demands decrease. You will notice cost savings almost immediately, which is a welcome thought since summer is just around the corner.
- Longevity: The lifespan of your insulated windows is approximately 10 to 25 years. Since this region is more temperate, you are likely looking closer at the 25-year timeframe unless the windows are damaged. Even if you pay slightly more for installation and supplies, you will not have to think about doing this again for a long while.
- Better indoor air quality: Issues with indoor air quality chase away customers and may lead to workers’ compensation claims from employees, especially if they have a respiratory issue like asthma. Insulation helps by maintaining needed humidity levels without producing condensation that supports mold growth. Also, insulated windows allow for airflow without drafts or air leaks. All of this produces better indoor air that is more comfortable for everyone.
Metro Glass, Inc. offers glass replacement in Oklahoma City, OK for storefronts, entryways and glass walls for conference areas—along with auto and residential applications. Call us today if it is time for a commercial glass upgrade.
Categorised in: Glass Replacement
This post was written by Writer