If you’ve recently had glass shower doors in Oklahoma City, OK installed in your home, you’re probably already enjoying the new look that they bring to your bathroom. However, you might be wondering about the best ways to keep them clean and free of dirt and soap scum.
There are multiple methods you can choose from to keep your glass shower doors clean, depending on what is easiest for you and what products you might already have at home:
- Vinegar: Soap scum isn’t the only stain that can appear on your glass shower doors. Mold may also rear its ugly head. While not all cleaning products are capable of removing mold, vinegar can do the trick. Pour some distilled white vinegar on a cloth or rag and wipe down the glass, hardware and other parts of the door.
- Pine-Sol and water: Make a mix of 1/8 cup of Pine-Sol and 1/2 gallon of warm water and spray it on your glass shower door. Then, wipe with a soft cloth or rag.
- Fabric softener: You likely already have fabric softener at home, so let it do double duty by using it on your shower doors. Run a sheet over dry glass and scrub to remove buildup and lighter stains. Rinse the glass with tap water or vinegar as detailed above.
Looking for cleaning methods that allow you to reduce how often you have to perform a more in-depth cleaning of your glass shower doors? There are some easy and routine tips you can try:
- Squeegee: Using a squeegee (a cleaning tool that looks similar to a windshield wiper with a long handle and a flat blade) after every shower is an effective form of preventative maintenance. If you don’t have a squeegee, or don’t want to add one more object to your bathroom, using a microfiber cloth on the glass after every shower produces similar results.
- Lemon essential oil: After you’ve cleaned your glass shower doors using one of these methods, apply a thin layer of lemon essential oil to the glass. This will slow the reappearance of soap scum, while also providing a refreshing smell and removing film left on the glass by limescale.
Do you have questions about your glass shower doors in Oklahoma City, OK, or are you thinking about adding them to a new or existing bathroom? Metro Glass, Inc. has been a family-owned and operated business for more than 20 years and specializes in a wide variety of services, including residential glass repair and replacement, commercial storefront windows, glazing, window repair, glass conference walls and doors, glass table tops and shelves, cabinet door glass, custom glass furniture tops, sliding patio door replacement and repair, screen repair and auto glass repair and replacement. We also gladly offer free estimates. Contact Metro Glass, Inc. today—we look forward to working with you!
Categorised in: Glass Shower Doors
This post was written by Writer